Sunday, March 05, 2006

End of the Road

Friday was my last day at WizKids. I still had a fair amount of stuff to finish, so I stayed the whole day. They threw me a going-away potluck party, which was loads of fun. I cried a little when I read their card, but I don't think anyone saw me. Walking out of the office that last time was sad, too; Liz commented in the car that working at WizKids was the most stable things since we moved up here, and that's true.

It didn't take long before I went back: I cruised back in yesterday for a great game of History of the World with Jon, Seth, and a couple of guys from Green Ronin Studios, a local RPG publisher (who makes some great stuff, including the sourcebook that fueled our long-running Pirates campaign). It was a hell of a lot of fun, and compared with some of the other board games we've played recently, it was much easier to learn and not as unnecessarily complex.

Sadly, my poker losing streak continues. Today, I am avoiding poker and playing Guitar Hero and watching movies.

2 comments:

Seth Johnson said...

Let me know when you're ready for some multiplayer guitar action...

Scott Rogers said...

Sorry to see you go.

Drop me a line, I have a question for you.

Scott R.