Friday, February 03, 2006

Missing Inaction

So what's up? Where have I been recently? Why am I not returning phone calls or email? Why haven't I been posting here?

It's like this.

I got sick last week, and spent pretty much all the time I wasn't at work, asleep or wishing I was asleep. I feel better now, and I prevented the sick from being the really bad, hanging-on kind of sick, but it was still sick.

Also, I got a different kind of sick last Friday. Apparently my alcohol tolerance has gone down a bit since college. This is a mistake I will not repeat.

I've also been - gasp - writing! I have a paying fiction writing gig - let me repeat that, a paying fiction writing gig working on some stuff for my company's website. It's a little different than what I'm used to, but it's enjoyable all the same.

Now, add to that the single-biggest meeting and event our company puts on each year, when we invite all of our distributors to Seattle, entertain them for two days, and show them what we're working on for this year. Which means that we're going to make some major announcements in the next couple of days, which means that the PR guy is working overtime to make sure that everything goes off without a hitch (which it won't, but I have to at least try).

Now add to this mix that I'm going away very soon for a huge trade show, so I have to get all my regular work done, too - and you have an equation for not a lot of posting, emailing, and calling.

Sorry guys, things will be less crazy later this month.

No comments: