Saturday, February 18, 2006

Can't Catch a Break

I got my weekend kicked off right by making an easy $30 in an online poker tournament, but then lost a few bucks in a cashgame. With a couple of exceptions, the cashgames just don't seem to work out for me. I either can't catch the cards, or some goofus draws me out. And when I'm up, I'm not up enough to justify walking away - especially when I compare $8 for an hour's worth of playing to $30 or $50 for a 45-minute sit-and-go.

Is it that the tournament style agrees with me more? Maybe. I certainly feel different when I'm looking at an arbitrary number of chips versus a specific cashmoney amount that I know is either going into, or coming out of, my set-aside poker stash.

That being said, overall, I'm still way up from where I started when I began playing online. I just want to nail that cashgame a little bit though - or maybe I should just stick with what I appear to be good at.

No comments: