Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Little Personal News

So I was supposed to go to New York for Toy Fair this weekend. I arrived at the airport nice and early on Saturday morning to discover my flight had been cancelled. The earliest they could get me in was about 16 hours before I left. Would I like to reschedule? No, thanks.

But why was the flight cancelled? That evening, 26 inches of snow dumped on Central Park (and I would have been staying about a block away). Let me repeat that: 26 inches of snow. In New York, where there's no place for four inches of snow to go, let alone 26 inches of snow.

On that front, I'm not at all sad I missed it.

So I joined Liz and Crabby that afternoon for my first time skiing. First I tried snowboarding, but discovered that people who have a hard time balancing on land on a normal day shouldn't really strap themselves to a plank and try to balance unnaturally on slippery stuff that's on an incline.

But skiing agreed with me a little more, except for the whole ski lift part, which nearly did me in. Shouldn't those things come equipped with safety bars? You'd think.

Monday night Liz and I spent together, as with last night, when we caught Duck Soup, one of my all-time favorite films, at the Grand Illusion in Seattle. If you're interested, it's showing through tomorrow night. I can't recommend it enough.

1 comment:

Roger Whitson said...

hey J,

This is my new blog site. Let everyone know.

http://www.xanga.com/Tharmas