Sunday, October 10, 2004

They Won't Give It Up

After I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 with my parents, my dad made a comment like, "now that they're in power, they aren't going to let it go. What happened in Florida last time will happen all over the place this time."

At the time, I didn't want to believe that. It would truly signal the end of our democracy, and a crippling blow to whatever freedoms we still possess.

Yesterday, Karl Rove told Sean Hannity that they have a couple of "October surprises" lined up. Whether it's Osama bin Laden or something else is anyone's guess. But I have my suspicions; on conservative clearinghouse site Newsmax, there is a list of headlines:

  • Left-Wing Vote Fraud in Pennsylvania
  • Left-Wing Vote Fraud in Ohio
  • Left-Wing Vote Fraud in Minnesota
  • Left-Wing Vote Fraud Across Florida
  • Democrat Vote Fraud in Jacksonville
Gee, it almost sounds like they are trying to establish groundwork for a case that tens of thousands of Democratic votes in battleground states should be discarded for fraud? Wouldn't it be wretched if all the hard work we've done to register new voters was actually what does us in?

I'm thinking of relocating to Iceland, before they force me to take my soma and forget it all.

No comments: