Thursday, February 05, 2004

Troopers Part Two

Well, I did manage almost 1500 words on my novel last night, and then I had a great time playing some Castlevania on the PS2. Konami made a really good game, but like many of Konami's recent games (like Silent Hill 3), I don't see a lot of replay value there.

I ran across this blurb about Starship Troopers 2, a made-for-TV movie appearing on StarZ. I liked the first Starship Troopers a lot, because Verhooven took a libertarian treatise of questionable quality and turned it on its head, instead satirizing militarism, the media-driven nature of modern warfare, and the inherant contradictions in libertarian philosophy. Somehow I doubt the TV movie, which looks like a remake of Aliens (even down to the tagline), will reach this level of depth.

No comments: