Saturday, December 16, 2006

Powerless

I'm in my office, not only because I have to keep working, but because my house has been without power for about 38 hours now. It went out at 8:30 on Thursday night, and hasn't come back.

Initially, there were around 1 million people in the Seattle area without power (including all of Whidbey Island), and they're fixing it as fast as they can, but PSE is saying it could be up to a week in some places. Also, our cellphone reception at home is intermittent at best, so don't freak out if you can't get in touch.

I'll keep you all posted, as best I can.

1 comment:

glen_smith said...

Shee-yeew.

I'd been hearing the updates on the weather out west. Was wondering if maybe you'd been lucky enough to dodge being in the power outage.

Any danger of pipes in you home freezing and whatnot?

Stay warm. -- gss