Saturday, September 10, 2005

Starting the Weekend

My goal this weekend is to get a lot of stuff done. That's going to be very hard considering my calendar of social engagements, so I stayed up pretty late last night getting a good start on it.

Thursday's game was good, but the characters aren't quite clicking yet. One of the most difficult parts of running a game - and one that I think a lot of GMs overlook - is the necessity that, in some way, the characters have to work together as a team - and work well. Granted, that's a pretty tall order for the second session of a game, but I think my yearlong pirates campaign ruined me on this aspect of gaming because I've been hyperaware of it in all my other games, running or playing.

Yesterday, Liz scored two first-base-line tickets to the Mariners (hey, they won!) and we met up with Seth, Scott, and Chris by happy accident at the game. We hung out for drinks afterwards (and I made my funnybook run beforehand - with as being what it is, trips into town are more minimal than ever now). Then I came home and worked on a new/old project. I don't want to talk about it yet, because I haven't signed on any lines and I might jinx it otherwise, but it's a very promising lead for some major RPG work and more importantly a good reason for me to finish the Crescent City game, lay it out, and work on this whole publishing thing.

I was hoping to work on my novel some this weekend, which is probably what I'll do now before the day really gets underway.

No comments: