Friday, December 03, 2004

Cat Problems

I've got to share something disgusting, because somehow, it's OK to write about this stuff in your blog and your friends will get a kick out of it.

Recently, we moved the cat's litterbox into the computer room. It used to be in our bedroom (I hate having a small apartment), and it got a little, ahem, stinky sometimes. So we relocated it to the computer room, which we don't spend eight hours a day slumbering in.

The last three mornings, as I've come in here to work before getting ready for Real Work, my black-and-white cat has come in to do some business. I'm not sure what's wrong with him, because they both eat out of the same dish, but Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, he's laid down some stink. Every morning, about five minutes after I get in here, like clockwork, the room suddenly gets tear-inducingly smelly.

We asked the vet about his, umm, reek, and she suggested switching him to a food that would make him use the litterbox more. I said, I'm not sure you're paying attention - I don't really want him to use the litter box more, I want him to not stink so much.

Anyone out there have any feline dietary advice they'd like to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the vet could be thinking that the faster/more frequently things move through, the less chance they have to develop an odor? might be worth a try.