Monday, May 17, 2004

Weekend Wrapup

I haven't had a whole lot of time for blogging lately, partially due to work and the work I've been doing at home, which sort of culminates (although it's only going to be the beginning) today in my promotion at work to Communications Manager. I've never been a manager before, so I'm excited, but also scared because I'm basically taking over 80% of our web guy's responsibilities and keeping about 50% of my old job's responsibilities, so I have a feeling I'm going to be working some very late nights in the near future.

The weekend was nice, relaxing, and low-key. Saturday we loafed around, eventually went out and did some shopping. Sunday I took last in a Game of Thrones tournament and spent the rest of the day playing Civ 3 and watching Firefly. I'm not sure how I missed such a cool show when it was on, but I really wish it would have continued. It's got a nice, Western feel, kind of like Jeremiah, although more sci-fi and not as SF as that other show. Oh, and Deadwood was on last night, thankfully a more light-hearted episode after last week's emotional mindfuck.

No comments: